My Dad is cleaning out my grandmother's house (she died in December) and he brought me an old Royal Crown Cola bottle. In the bottle top was a stopper with a bunch of holes in it. I knew immediately what it was, but my daughter had no idea. She thought they had tried to make it a salt shaker or something. I knew it as the bottle that sat on the end of the ironing board to "sprinkle" clothes with because we didn't have steam irons. Man, I am old!
Head lights dimmer switches on the
Ignition switches on the dashboard.
Heaters mounted on the inside of the fire wall.
Real ice boxes.
Pant leg clips for bicycles without chain guards.
Soldering irons you heat on a gas burner.
Using hand signals for cars without turn signals.
The floor lever on VWs, for switching over to
the 'emergency' gallon of gas
Older Than Dirt Quiz: Count all the ones that you remember, not the ones you were told about. Ratings at the bottom.
1. Blackjack chewing gum
2. Wax Coke-shaped bottles with colored sugar water/wax 'lips'
3. Candy cigarettes
4. Soda pop machines that dispensed glass bottles
5. Coffee shops or diners with tableside juke boxes
6. Home milk delivery in glass bottles with cardboard stoppers
7. Party lines/ live phone operators that helped you with
everything, without charging you extra.
8. Newsreels before the movie
9. P.F. Flyers
10. Butch wax
11. Telephone numbers with a word prefix
(OLive-6933, KImberly 8-7322)
13. Howdy Doody, Bozo
14. 45 RPM records
15. S&H Green Stamps/ Blue Chip stamps
16 Hi-fi's in console cabinets
17. Metal ice trays with levers
18. Mimeograph paper
19 Blue flashbulbs
21. Roller skates with clamps and keys
22. Cork popguns
25. Wash tub wringers
If you remembered 0-5 = You're still
If you remembered 6-10 = You are getting older
If you remembered 11-15 = Don't tell your age,
If you remembered 16-25 = You're older than dirt!
If you're older than dirt...Don't
forget to pass this along!!
Especially to all your really OLD friends....