K 05 Criteria
for Defining Supporting Ministries
K 05 05 Criteria for Defining Supporting Ministries--he Seventh-day Adventist Church defines as Supporting Ministries, independent organizations that comply with the following criteria:
1. The leaders and representatives of supporting ministries shall be loyal members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in good and regular standing.
2. The theological positions of the supporting ministries and the emphasis placed upon them shall be in harmony with the fundamental beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. In supporting these beliefs, the context of both the biblical text and writings of Ellen G White will be faithfully used. Theological positions not addressed in the fundamental beliefs shall be treated as private beliefs and shall not be promoted to the point where they become divisive.
3. The leaders and representatives of supporting ministries shall support and cooperate with the goals and purposes of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in their words, actions, and publications. Their work shall positively supplement that of the Church in carrying out the gospel commission.
4. Supporting ministries personnel, ordained or unordained, shall not represent their supporting ministry as an official church project.
5. Supporting ministries shall not accept tithe from Seventh-day Adventist Church members but shall encourage their supporters to be faithful in returning tithe and appropriate offerings through the authorized channels of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
6. Supporting ministries shall make available a formal statement of mission, including plans and objectives, upon the request of the division in whose territory they operate.
7. Supporting ministries which accept contributions shall, in countries where it is required, be registered with the appropriate tax bodies as nonprofit organizations and shall provide copies of their annual audited financial statements upon the request of the respective divisions.
8. Requests for official church business travel for supporting ministries personnel holding denominational licenses or credentials, shall be processed in harmony with the provisions of BA 60 15. Failure to comply with this policy may jeopardize the continuation of such licenses or credentials.
9. All interdivision
travel by laypersons on official church business shall be processed in harmony
the provisions of
BA 60 20.